Stainless Steel 317 /317L is a molybdenum bearing austenitic chromium nickel steel like Stainless Steel 316, aside from the compound substance in 317L is to a degree higher. It has a superior erosion resistance in exceptional applications where it is coveted to diminish defilement to a base. Stainless Steel 317 /317L was produced principally to oppose all the more viably the assault of sulfurous corrosive mixes. However, its demonstrated capacity to battle consumption has augmented its utilization significantly and is currently being utilized for some other mechanical applications. The low carbon substance of Stainless Steel 317 /317L gives in susceptibility to inter granular erosion in applications where substantial cross areas can’t be strengthened in the wake of welding or where low temperature anxiety assuaging medicines are sought.
FEATURES OF STAINLESS STEEL 317 /317L
- A molybdenum bearing austenitic chromium nickel steel with a compound substance to a degree higher than the 316 evaluations.
- Prevalent erosion resistance in troublesome situations.
- Higher killjoy, anxiety to-crack and resistances than different stainless steels.
- Decreased intergranular precipitation of chromium carbides amid welding and anxiety mitigating and additionally minimized probability of erosion disappointment from intergranular assault because of low carbon content.
- Imperviousness to setting and crevice consumption making 317L an effective life-cost item in a mixed bag of very destructive situations.
APPLICATIONS OF STAINLESS STEEL 317 /317L
- Pipe gas desulfurization scrubber frameworks
- Substance and petro-synthetic transforming hardware
- Mash and paper plants
- Sustenance preparing gear
- Material hardware
SPECIFICATIONS OF STAINLESS STEEL 317 /317L
- ASTM A312, A403, A182
- ASME SA312, SA403, SA182
TYPES OF STAINLESS STEEL 317:
- ASTM A312 TP 317 Stainless Steel Seamless Pipes
- SS 317 Welded Pipes
- ASTM A213 TP 317 Stainless Steel Seamless Tubes
- SS 317 Rectangular Pipes
- ASTM A312 TP 317 Stainless Steel Welded Pipes
- SS 317 Seamless Tubes
- ASTM A249 TP 317 Stainless Steel Welded Tubes
- SS 317 ERW Tubes
- SS 317 Seamless Pipes
- SS 317 EFW Tubes
- SS 317 ERW Pipes
- SS 317 Welded Tubes
- SS 317 EFW Pipes
- SS 317 Rectangular Tubes
- Stainless Steel 317 Round Bar
- Stainless Steel 317 plates
- Stainless Steel 317 sheets
- Stainless Steel 317 coil
- Stainless Steel 317 fitting
- Stainless Steel 317 flanges
- Stainless Steel 317 fasteners
CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF STAINLESS STEEL 317:
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF STAINLESS STEEL 317:
|Yield Strength 0.2%
Offset ksi (min.)
50 mm (min.)
(Rockwell B) MAX
PHYSICAL PROPERTIES OF STAINLESS STEEL 317
Thermal Expansion (min/in)-°F
|Electrical Resistivity mW-in||Thermal Conductivity BTU/hr-ft-°F||Specific Heat BTU/lbm -°F|
|at 68 °F||at 77 – 212°F||at 77 – 932°F||at 77 – 1832°F||at 68 – 1832°F||at 32 – 212°F|